We have many events scheduled during 2018 to celebrate our 50th year. We would enjoy seeing you, and hope you’re able to attend!
Please also visit the Events section on the CLC’s Facebook page for additional event information.
Special 50th anniversary and Timeless Chocorua campaign events are in listed in RED.
- Wednesday October 24th – Stewardship Day. Chip spreading at the “Island” (10:00am-12:00pm).
Click here for more information about upcoming events on our Facebook page.
- Monday October 8th – “Tamworth, a Valley Surrounded by Ice?” with Bob Newton
- August 5th through October 8th (Columbus Day) – “Impressions of the White Mountains” art show
- Sunday, October 7th – Woods Wander with Lynne Flaccus
- Sunday, October 7th – “Some Dreams Are Divine: The White Mountains in Contemporary Painting” with Chris Volpe
- Saturday, October 6th – “Adopt a Highway” Route 16 Cleanup
- Saturday, October 6th – Timeless Chocorua Donor Appreciation Cocktails
- Saturday September 29th – Stewardship Day with Lynne Flaccus
- Tuesday, September 18th – “Native Americans of the Saco & Merrimack” with Mary Ellen Lepionka
- Saturday, September 8th – Stewardship Day with Lynne Flaccus
- Sunday, September 2nd – Parade of Lights
- Sunday, September 2nd – Annual Picnic & Cocktails in the Grove
- Saturday, September 1st – Stewardship Day with Lynne Flaccus
- Saturday, September 1st – Timeless Chocorua Donor Celebration
- Friday, August 31st – Stewardship Day with Lynne Flaccus
- Tuesday, August 21st – “Chocorua, Art History & Nature from the 18th to the 20th Century” with Bob Cottrell
- Tuesday, August 21st – Woods Wander with Lynne Flaccus
- Saturday, August 18th – CLC Annual Meeting (Rick Allmendinger guest speaker)
- Monday, August 13th to Friday, August 17th – Magic of Woods & Water with Lynne Flaccus and Juno Lamb
- Saturday, August 11th – Tamworth Contra Dance
- Saturday, August 11th – Members Cookout
- Wednesday, August 8th – Lake Paddle
- Saturday, August 4th – “Impressions of the White Mountains” Opening Reception
- Saturday, August 4th – Tamworth Street Fair
- Saturday, July 28th – Chocorua Day & Art Show
- Tuesday July 24th – Brook Trout Survey with Dick Fortin.
- Wednesday, July 18th – Stewardship Day (Invasive Plant Removal) with Lynne Flaccus
- Saturday, July 14th – 50th Anniversary Benefit Concert with John Davidson at The Farmstand
- Saturday, July 14th – Members Cookout
- Friday, July 13th – Lake Paddle with Lynne Flaccus
- Saturday, July 7th – “Save the Loons” Fishing Derby
- Saturday, June 30th – 50th Anniversary Kickoff Celebration
- Saturday, June 30th – “Adopt a Highway” Route 16 Cleanup
- Saturday, June 16th – Stream Exploration with Lynne Flaccus
- Friday, June 8th – Stewardship Day (Invasive Plant Removal) with Lynne Flaccus
- Friday, May 25th – Stewardship Day (Field Clearing) with Lynne Flaccus
- Tuesday, May 22nd – Bird Walk
- Saturday, May 12th – CMC Trail Clearing Day
- Friday, May 11th – Wildflower Walk with Lynne Flaccus
- Saturday May 5th – Stewardship Day (Charlotte C. Browne Memorial Woods)
- Saturday May 5th – Bird Walk
- Tuesday, May 1st – Unique and Common Plants of the Chocorua Lake Watershed
- Saturday, April 21st – Vernal Pool Exploration with Lynne Flaccus
- Friday, March 30th – Owl Prowl with Lynne Flaccus
- Thursday, March 29th – State of the Loon Talk at Runnells Hall with the Loon Preservation Committee
Other events (not sponsored by the CLC):
- Mt Chocorua Race, Saturday, June 16th, organized by Ryan Welts & Kristina Folcik, who live in Chocorua. A race up and down Mount Chocorua crossing Chocorua Lake Conservancy-owned and protected land. In honor of the CLC’s 50th anniversary, the race organizers have kindly offered to donate a portion of the race’s proceeds to the CLC.
- Tamworth Summer Contradance Series: This summer, the dances will be held once a month on Saturday, July 14th and Saturday, August 11th from 8:00pm to 10:30pm at the Tamworth Town House. $7 adults & teens, $3 children under 13. Live music and calling by local musicians and callers, family-friendly, all dances taught! Check out the Tamworth Outing Club website for an updated schedule and more event details.
- There are some fantastic workshops coming up in the Tamworth area related to forestry for wildlife and unique habitats!
- The Barnstormers Theatre in Tamworth Village has a lot of fun shows this season, starting with The Producers, running from June 28-July 1; July 3-7 (no performance on July 4th).