If you’ve spent time at Chocorua Lake picnicking, swimming, kayaking, taking a photograph, fishing from the Narrows Bridge, dropping a fishing line through the ice, or watching the sled dog races, please consider supporting the Chocorua Lake Conservancy’s efforts with a charitable contribution.
Donating to the Chocorua Lake Conservancy is your personal statement that you care about protecting the Chocorua Lake Basin from development and providing local residents and thousands of annual visitors with convenient, attractive access to Chocorua Lake and nearby conservation lands.
Donate by Credit or Debit Card
Please click below to make an secure, tax-deductible donation with a credit card or debit card.
Donate by PayPal
Please click below to donate through the PayPal Giving Fund and avoid the transaction fee charged for credit or debit card donations. To donate via the PayPal Giving Fund, you must have (or create) a PayPal account. After you donate you will receive a tax receipt for your records by email directly from PayPal Giving Fund.
Donate by Check
Please click here to download a donation form. Mail the completed form and your check to:
Chocorua Lake Conservancy
PO Box 105
Chocorua, NH 03817
We greatly appreciate and value your support!
|Mt Chocorua Society||$2,500 and above|
|Chocorua Lake Society||$1,000 - $2,499|
|Little Lake Society||$500 - $999|
|Narrows Bridge Society||$250 - $499|
|Family Membership||$100 - $249|
|Individual Member||$50 - $99|
|Friend||$25 - $49|
|Student / Under 25||$20|
How will my membership contribution be spent?
The Chocorua Lake Conservancy depends upon the financial support of its members, friends and visitors to fund many annual expenses:
- New plantings and annual maintenance projects to preserve the natural beauty of all public access areas, reduce erosion, and prevent nutrient and sediment runoff into the lake.
- A twice daily litter patrol to keep the Grove, Island and other CLC-owned public access areas free of trash from Memorial Day through late October.
- Regular samplings of lake water quality.
- Toilets in the Grove and Island areas for thousands of visitors from Memorial Day to late October.
- Maintenance and periodic replacement of the historic wooden railings on the Narrows Bridge.
- Maintenance and repairs of the dam at the outlet from the Little Lake to the Chocorua River.
- Maintenance of almost 1,000 acres of conservation land around Chocorua Lake owned or managed by the CLC.
- Monitoring and protection of 3,000 additional acres in the Chocorua Lake Basin through covenants and easements held by the CLC.
Member Benefits: Members of the Chocorua Lake Conservancy receive many benefits including a subscription to our semi-annual newsletter, invitations to two summer cookouts and other member-only events, and a car magnet to let your friends know you care about the Chocorua Lake Basin. Thank you!
Membership Details: Family memberships and above include a spouse or partner and children under the age of 25 living at one address, and provides two votes at the CLC’s Annual Meeting. Individual memberships constitute one person and provides one vote at the CLC’s Annual Meeting. Friends and student memberships are non-voting.
Membership Calendar: CLC membership runs on a calendar year basis and is effective from January 1st through December 31st. Any member who has donated within the prior 12 months are eligible to attend all CLC member-only events and to vote at the Annual Meeting in August.
Donor Recognition: The names of donors and giving levels are published in our Annual Report, which is provided to members in our spring newsletter. Donors can ask be listed anonymously when they make a gift. The CLC does not publish donor names on its website, and we do not share our our donor list with other organizations.
The CLC is a volunteer-led, 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization as designated by the Internal Revenue Code of the United States (EIN 02-0277083). All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.