Members & Supporters,
Thanks again to all of our members and donors for their generous financial support of the Chocorua Lake Conservancy during 2015. We are grateful for your generosity, your trust, and most importantly, your commitment to our mission. We only succeed in our mission because of our members!
The CLC depends upon the support of our members and an occasional grant to cover ALL expenses. During 2015, the CLC enjoyed an impressive 83% membership renewal rate. The CLC added a record 60 first-time members and donors, and the number of local year-round members increased over 70 percent. In total, we received donations from 307 households during 2015. The CLC receives no funding from the town or the state.
If you haven’t done so already, I hope you will consider joining or renewing your support of the CLC today for 2016! We need your continued support. To join or renew your support of the CLC, please click here.
Our members are the heart and soul of the CLC. You will become part of a community that cares deeply about protecting the scenic and natural resources of the Chocorua Lake Basin and ensuring continued public access to the Chocorua Lake Basin for present and future visitors.
Donate Online: Please click here to join or renew your support of the CLC online using a credit card or via PayPal.
Chocorua Lake Conservancy
P.O. Box 105
Chocorua, NH 03817
This is our Chocorua Lake Basin — it needs our support.
I look forward to seeing you during 2016 in Chocorua at one of our CLC events.
Board President (2015-16)
P.S. Every dollar you contribute to the Chocorua Lake Conservancy is tax-deductible and is used effectively and efficiently. Our small nonprofit land trust is a great value for your support!
How will your donation be spent? The Chocorua Lake Conservancy depends upon financial support of its members and visitors to fund many annual expenses, including:
- A daily patrol from Memorial Day to Columbus Day to keep its public access areas free of trash and fires.
- Monitoring of 2,870 additional acres in the Chocorua Lake Basin protected by conservation easements and covenants held by the Conservancy.
- Toilets in both public access areas.
- Maintenance of 931 acres of conservation land around Chocorua Lake owned or managed by the Conservancy.
- New plantings and maintenance projects to preserve each public access area’s natural beauty, reduce erosion, and prevent sediment runoff into the lake.
- Regular samplings of lake water quality.
- Maintenance and periodic replacement of the historic wooden railings on the Narrows Bridge.
- Maintenance and repairs of the dam at the outlet of Little Chocorua Lake.
Chocorua Lake Conservancy
P.O. Box 105, Chocorua, New Hampshire 03817